(PharmaNewsWire.Com, October 21, 2020 ) According to the new market research report "Veterinary X-ray Market by Technology (Direct, Computed, Film), Type (Digital, Analog), Mobility (Fixed, Portable), Animal (Companion, Large Animal), Application (Trauma, Oncology, Dental), End User (Clinic, Hospital) - Forecast" published by MarketsandMarkets™.
How the Market Growth looks like and Industry Segmentation?
The Veterinary X-ray Market is projected to reach USD 872 million, at a CAGR of 6.4%
On the basis of technology, segmented into direct radiography (DR), computed radiography (CR), and film-based radiography systems. The computed radiography systems segment accounted for the largest share of the animal X-ray market in 2017. Benefits offered by CR systems over traditional X-ray systems, resulting in a large-scale replacement of traditional film X-ray systems, is the major factor responsible for the large share of this segment.
Based on the type of animal, the animal X-ray market is segmented into small companion animals and large animals. The small companion animals segment accounted for the largest share of the veterinary X-ray market in 2017. The large share of this segment can be attributed to the growing companion animal population, increasing pet care expenditure, growing demand for pet insurance, and technological advancements in imaging modalities for small companion animals.
- Rising Demand for Pet Insurance With Growing Animal Health Expenditure
- Growth in the Number of Veterinary Practitioners and Income Levels in Developed Economies
- Untapped Emerging Markets
- In 2018, Heska Corporation (US) formed a partnership with Pathway Vet Alliance (US). Under the terms of this agreement, Pathway plans to align its internal diagnostic portfolio with Heska, which can provide in-house operational services like point-of-care blood diagnostics, digital imaging, and allergy testing.
- In 2018, Carestream Health signed a service partnership agreement with Med Imaging Healthcare, a Diagnostic Imaging equipment maintenance company. The partnership was aimed at providing wider maintenance coverage and support for Carestream customers across Scotland.
- In 2016, Heska acquired Cuattro Veterinary (US), a company offering flat-panel digital radiography systems. This international expansion provides Heska with a strong and established platform for launching Heska's blood diagnostics platforms and programs to international markets.
Geographically, the veterinary X-ray market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America accounted for the largest share of this market in 2017. Rising number of veterinary practices, increasing number of companion animals, and rising companion animal healthcare expenditure are some of the key factors driving the growth of the market in North America.
The prominent players in the Animal X-ray market are IDEXX (US), Fujifilm (Japan), Onex Corporation (Canada), Sedecal (Spain), Agfa-Gevaert (Belgium), Sound Technologies (US), Fujifilm Holdings Corporation (Japan), Canon, Inc. (Japan), Examion (Germany), Konica Minolta (US), DRE Veterinary (US), and Heska Corporation (US).
We are pleased to offer you this exciting, new, and entirely free professional resource. Visit our Free Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals resource center today to browse our selection of 600+ complimentary Biotechnology & Pharmaceuticals magazines, white papers, webinars, podcasts, and more. Get popular titles including: